Photography interns get to work closely with our photography team, learning how to set up equipment and grow their skills behind the camera.
From syncing the cameras together before you shoot an event, to developing texture and composition with your lens, to the last edit before delivery day, you’ll have the foundational skills to be a photographer.
What you’ll get:
- $10 an hour to learn and practice photography
- Opportunities to expand your creative skillset on-and-off set
- Desire to learn about photography lighting, shooting, and editing
- At least 15 hours a week to dedicate to this position
- Must be available on Mondays from 11a - 530p for Internship Huddles, equipment trainings, and weekly workshops
- Have a reliable form of transportation to get to downtown SLC and set locations
- Laptop for office days
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone that wants to learn about the photography industry
- Someone that’s willing to become a creative problem solver
In the office, we’ll teach you how to:
- Effectively communicate with team members and clients
- Clean and organize gear before and after shoots
- Edit your own photos through Adobe Lightroom Classic
- Network so you can confidently get yourself out there
On set, you'll learn how to:
- Set up backgrounds and sync cameras to lighting
- Capture Event, Corporate Headshots, Product, and BTS photography
- Get talent in frame with our Canon cameras and lenses
- Interact with clients and talent
Tasks you’ll be assigned:
- Gather and organize gear before and after shoots
- Set up necessary equipment for shoots
- Working on set as a second shooter, or BTS photographer
Informative shadowing opportunities:
- Learning and understanding the process for ingesting and storing footage
- Shadowing our photography team on set
On top of all of that, be prepared to engage in team-building activities and group projects.
Each intern will be responsible for making their own schedule. You are free to split it however you want so long as you work at least 15 hours a week. Your 15 hour minimum includes the mandatory Monday for Intern Huddles, so please schedule accordingly.
Hear about our photography intern's experience From The Intern’s Corner!
While we're currently not accepting applications for a fall photography intern, read up on our producer intern and our video production intern positions before you apply.