Video production interns work closely with our team members, learning how to build sets, light the talent, and operate our equipment.
You’ll learn the necessary skills to bounce and soften light, pull focus, and how to safely pass a C-Stand, so that you’re ready to work in the industry as soon as possible!
What you’ll get:
- $10 an hour to learn and practice video production
- Opportunities to expand your creative skillset on-and-off set
- Desire to learn about video production
- At least 15 hours a week to dedicate to this position
- Must be available on Mondays from 11a - 530p for Internship Huddles, equipment trainings, and weekly workshops
- Have a reliable form of transportation to get to downtown SLC and set locations
- Laptop for office days
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone that wants to learn about the industry
- Someone that’s willing to become a creative problem solver
In the office, we’ll teach you how to:
- Effectively communicate with team members and clients
- Clean and organize gear before and after shoots
- Identify equipment pieces and their functions
- Network so you can confidently get yourself out there
On set, you'll learn how to:
- Light the scene with Aputure lighting
- Get talent in frame with our Canon cameras and lenses
- Interact with clients and talent
Tasks you’ll be assigned:
- Help clean and organize gear for shoots
- Working with G&E crew to set scenes
- Working with camera crew to build cameras
Informative shadowing opportunities:
- Shadowing camera and G&E crews on set
On top of all of that, be prepared to engage in team-building activities and group projects.
If you're interested in hearing about our previous cohort's experience, get some video production insight From the Intern's Corner!
Each intern will be responsible for making their own schedule. You are free to split it however you want so long as you work at least 15 hours a week. Your 15 hour minimum includes the mandatory Monday for Intern Huddles, so please schedule accordingly.
Click here to apply!
If video production isn't the path for you, learn more about our Producer Intern position to see if that's a better fit.